2020 DATES ARE HERE!
AGES: 7 – 14
TIME: 08:30 – 16:30 (Extended hours 8.30 - 17.30 / £5 charge)
PRICES: See individual academies at the bottom of this page.
Our Hockey Academies provide a unique opportunity to be coached by someone of the country’s greatest players. We’ve opened the age range for 2020, developed our programme and are limiting numbers on each Academy to ensure everyone is coached by the star coach.
Our course teaches players the skills and strategies they need to perform as a confident and competent player. We employ a team of coaches to deliver a programme which mixes skill drills with small side challenges and extensive gameplay. Young players will develop their skills, pick up new techniques and have the opportunity to apply them all in a fun and inspiring environment.
The Academy will cover:
- improving confident stick work
- powerful hitting on the run
- backhand skills in attack and defence
- distributing the ball with vision
- jab and block tackles
- developing three dimensional skills
- modern penalty corner strategies
- tactics from the International game
- specialist goal scoring session
Our coaching team are happy to help players develop a specific area or skill within which they wish to improve. Please speak to the Lead Coach when signing in on the first day of the Academy.
What to Bring
Players need to bring the following each day:
- hockey stick
- astro shoes and/or training shoes
- gum guard and shin guards
- a packed lunch and snacks
- water bottle
- suitable clothing for the weather conditions
- sun cream
Hockey Academy Hockey Academy With a Star Coach
Cranford House School, Moulsford, Oxfordshire, OX10 9HT
- Start date: 25/08/2020
- Price: £149.00
- Age: 7 - 14 years
- Days: 3 days