Coronavirus CoVID-19 Update
4th March 2020
We have been closely monitoring the rapidly evolving CoVID-19 situation, and as many of us here at the UAC office are parents ourselves, we felt the right course of action was to get in contact with you proactively to share the extra precautions we will put in place on camp. We also want to reassure you that we are taking our responsibilities extremely seriously to ensure the safety and wellbeing of children, staff and parents. Currently, it is ‘business as usual’ but we are continuously monitoring all relevant updates, guidance and advice and will react with speed accordingly.
Any action or advice we take will be as a direct result of guidance from:
- Public Health England (PHE)
- Department for Education (DfE)
The current situation (as of 4th March) is that we are running Easter and Summer camps as planned, but are taking the following action and precautions:
- Enforcing restrictions in line with current PHE traveller guidance and not allowing children, parents or staff to attend our camps if they meet the “At Risk Returning Traveller” criteria. More information on this can be found here
- Increasing staff training on hygiene practices, reinforcing regular handwashing on camp, etc including supplying hand sanitiser for use by children and staff on every camp
- Working with our host schools to ensure the highest standards of routine cleaning before and during camp
- Increasing staff vigilance for children or staff showing any symptoms and training in how to manage a suspected case (in line with DfE guidance for educational settings)
- Parents with Easter bookings will receive their 7-day reminder email as usual – please read this as there may be important updates for you
We will continue to closely monitor guidance from PHE/DfE and will update our procedures accordingly and keep you informed with any relevant updates. In the highly unlikely event that we have to cancel Easter camps following PHE/DfE guidance, we will issue full refunds for any cancelled dates and give parents as much notice as possible.
If you have any questions please check our FAQ's page or get in contact with our team – 0330 111 7077 (local rate) or email@example.com.